Wednesday 7 December 2011

One year has passed...

Picture taken from my Birthday Themed Post

... It was this very time, exactly one year ago, on December 7th 2010, at precisely 1900 Hours GMT, that I arrived in Leicester Square, London. Faced with the blistering cold, temperatures only dropping and hints of more snow. I, accompanied by a friend, made way to the line...

If you haven't guessed already, this was the night that World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was being launched all over the world.

More than that, it happened to mark the very start of Shattered Beginnings. After tackling the night winds, and during the games installation, I sat to write my first blog post. My journey had begun.


It is here I give my first thanks. To Döra, known to many as the the Level 1 Explorer, who was the first to make a comment on my first post and share such kindness and support. All a first.




Ever since those first few nights and days chained together, literally non-stop, when I made my return to Warcraft, my own world has changed.

I never envisioned where I was heading and what was to be, when I first clicked publish


I couldn't imagine that my new levelling experience would turn out to be a whole series. The Cataclysm Journals. From the 4th instalment as my Worgen Hunter, Feignheart, ventured through Ashenvale, to the 15th issue where we took on the twisted Netherstorm.

Along to the depths of Vashj'ir in number 20, which had me take a shot at making my own exploration video. All the way up to the raging Firelands in one of the last editions, 28.

So already the ball was rolling further than I could ever have expected.


Then, I took new challenges on board. FanFiction.

This was inspired by a competition being hosted by The Dark Order. In which, to my delight, won 1st place.

The Adventures of Feignheart: A Story Untold. Following a unique perspective of the Worgen Curse. A story that I soon hope to pick up again and continue.


Now, since then, I've expanded and produced a vast number of different posts. Whether it has been my initial write up on the Mists on Pandaria (way before the official announcement), or a day with the WoW Blues, the boundaries have extended way beyond my initial ideas.

Below are selection of some of posts I am somewhat proud of:


Then come along my predictions for the Darkmoon Faire Island Horror, which you can now put under scrutiny...



None of this would be possible without the second half of this post.



22000 site visitors later and near on 200 followers on the Twitter-verse, here I am. Here WE are... 

...See, those numbers mean diddly squat when I think to compare them..

When I think of all the people I have met along the way. The amazing people. The friendships I have built. The experiences I have had and shared. The community I have been privileged to be apart of and contribute to. The memories.

The numbers could never really justify how much of an impact the adventure, because that's what it's been, has had on my life. It's all this that drives me to continue. Continue I will. Whether it be new projects or searching for the many ways in which I can help those around me.


For example, being apart of such a great community (which here is a big word) like Blog Azeroth. Not just the name, but all those who are involved with it's running or any who take something positive from it. The moderators such as Windsoar of Jaded Alt and Amerence, especially, who have gone all out to provide fantastic events and opportunities for everyone, such as the thanksgiving event (of which this was supposed to be an entry). Pat yourself on the back, well done!

Talking about communities. I would also like to do a big 'shout' to MMO Melting pot and WoW Insider (Specifically Anne or 'Shades of Grey') who have given me recognition several times over the past year. I am truly honoured and beyond grateful for the chance to display my pride and joy.


I now wish to express my ultimate appreciation to all the following. Reason? They make myself, and Shattered Beginnings, who we are today. Without them I could never imagine where we'd have ended up. They make it all worthwhile. To those I thank fully:



Not stopping there, I would also like to extend thanks to:


You have all been an inspiration to me.

The list goes on, and on, especially with many more new blogs hitting the scene. (That reminds me, my blogroll could take some more!)


This year I was also able to be involved in something truly unforgettable. 

As many of you may know, I was given the amazing opportunity to join the Blizzcon 2011 Live Coverage team. The brilliant folk from the Twisting Nether were running the show, Fimilys and HydRAWR, while top celebrities from the community such as DiscopriestRades, Rilandune and Vidyala.

It was an honor. An experience. Thank you.


Lastly, but not least, we have the fantastic bunch on Twitter who make the community so much more. You all make the days/nights so much better!



Thank you all!

Literally any and all, of whom I couldn't possibly list exhaustively, that have spent time, commented and left feedback on my blog. Yes.. That includes those "Mr/Mrs Anonymous'"!


Before I head out, I would just like to emphasise again that I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful community. We've even seen examples of the community sticking together and fighting for justice. I'm sure many can name a recent occurrence. Keep doing what we do!


Here's to many more years to come,

Keep posted - Follow, Comment & Subscribe

- Jamin

31 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary :)

    PS. That's an awesome looking cake.. Looks yummy too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, hope you have many more. And that is one beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, Jamin! Know that any influence I've had on you you've returned to me twofold, from your comments to your ideas here and on Time Wasted Tuesdays. It's a pleasure being part of the blogging community, and I'm glad I share it with you and all the people you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grats man Glad to see you made it as long as you have. And we hope many many more, Heres to a grand future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congradulations on your anniversary mate. You have been a blessing to the blogging community and a huge source of influence and guidance to so many of us. Keep up the great work, and here's to another great year ahead for Shattered Beginings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary, Jasmin ;) A joy to read each week or so. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! I'm honoured to be mentioned, thank you for all the comments you've given in return :) I hope you have another great year of blogging ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary.

    A year already? Time really does fly.

    Keep up the good work, it is always nice to visit for a read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary mate! I am so glad you became a part of the community and I appreciate every comment you've ever left me.

    Thanks so much for being you. I look forward to more great posts and comments from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! Thank you mentioning me, but it was YOU who inspire me to try hard to reply every comment - and to leave lots of comments in return.

    Looking forward to another year of great reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @EVERYONE

    Thank you all so much for the kind words. It was so nice to come back to after a little trip away. They mean so much :)

    Also, the cake was yummy indeed!

    - Jamin the overwhelmed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wooot! Thank you for the kind words Jamin, as always we made a great team for Blog Azeroth and whoever else behind the curtain. All of these are an inspiration so I also give you a pat in the back for that and your comments in each of our blogs is such a great support from someone like you to do that. Happy Anniversary! and this is such a good read! Keep it coming also don't forget to comment and visit my new blog too! www.amerpriestblog.com Thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary Jasmin! I didn't realize your blog were around for that long :)

    Here's a cheer for another upcoming year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on one year of blogging! Sure is a fun experience, most of the time, right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Corath

    It certainly is! Ups and downs, but I've always found 'home' in my writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations mate!! Happy anniversary! It was a pleasure having you join us for the TNB live blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy blogday! Keep the good work up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very happy Blogaversary to you, Jamin :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Rilandune, Syl and Angelya

    Thanks all, means a lot =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy blogiversary! Here's to many more years of top notch blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats again on your blog's anniversary! You've done a great job with this blog and I'm looking forward to many more years :D

    Thanks for mentioning me, I was like :O and :D !

    And that cake, so awesome! I want a cake with Syrco Owl on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Vuuk, RedCow and Syrco

    Thanks guys, next year I'll share some cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why am I always late to the parties!?

    Is there any cake left? No? Crap!

    Happy blogiversary, Jamin. Here's to many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Anniversary! That was certainly a great looking cake and better than any Oscars-like speech I've heard in the past. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Psynister & BubblesOfMischief

    Aha, thanks guys! I'll make sure to leave some more cake for next time XD

    ReplyDelete
  26. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASMIN!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really late commenting here but wanted to say congrats & Happy Anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, good or bad, all views are appreciated greatly!