Do you ever find yourself waking up with a burning desire to do something? It could be anything. Reading a particular book, going for a bike ride, climbing a mountain, going out to look at new cars and even sitting to play World of Warcraft. Maybe your not sure yet.
Then, when you start thinking about it, you begin an eager search to find justification. To justify "why " it should take a place in your day. From that second on, the battle is already lost. The 'fire to go' has been drenched in a hurricane.
Now, your point, you ask?
Truth is, I didn't set any new years resolutions. Never been a firm believer that you should wait until the year's end to make change. However, pondering the idea, it is just another (big) opportunity to reflect, so why not take it.
Looking back on my own year has lead me to look at more than just the previous one.
It hit me. As each year comes upon us, the more and more restrictions and boundaries I realise have come into place. Could say, too many for our own good. At least regarding life's activities and possible ventures.
I'm sure that, for some, there is a valid reason to withdraw and say no. Although now I really take a step back, I see no reason why I we (At least I) should really hold myself put and prevent myself taking what the world has to offer.
Caught my drift?
So, all of which can be applied to our game time, I have decided to simply write down just what I feel is important for the year ahead. Not just the year, but from now onwards.
- Make your own judgements and decisions
- Find your own balance of work and play. You'll enjoy BOTH more.
- Don't be soft, or too hard on yourself.
- Don't be afraid to just have fun and enjoy what you love.
- Make the most of every day.
- A start, just something, is a step toward going forward.
- Going forward, is going somewhere.
- Be happy, content, with what you have achieved already.
- You never want to stop accomplishing.
- Forget perfect, just do and be the best you can.
- Though be Rational, Reasonable and Realistic. But step outside that box.
- Be realistic, but don't be afraid to dream.
- Chase the dream, and don't forget to live the dream.
- Perfection is what you make it.
- Stop worrying.
- Give those around you more leeway, we all have our own struggles other don't see. Bite that pride.
- Stop and think before you give someone a hard time.
- Stick by, and be confident with your choices and who you are.
- But don't be too stubborn and unwelcoming to new ideas.
- Allow room and embrace change, it's the inevitable.
- Stop avoiding
If you gotten this far, then if there's anything that I feel most strongly about, it's the following message I've written to myself. Maybe you can take something away from it too:
Don't get lost in the future, the 'destination'. That's not all important. What's important is the journey. Arrival is instant. But a journey, takes time. Time is all we ever truly have. Live in every one of life's moments. Don't autopilot. Don't let the destination, cloud today. But allow the future to drive the present.
Life is made up from journeys. Destinations just make way for them.
Don't always be afraid if you don't know where your headed... just follow your own direction.
My Challenge to you is to come up with at least one thing you would like to do, experience, start, change and/or achieve this year, and leave it in the comments below.
To the future of today, play it your way.